Welcome back! As most of you know many clients went out of town, I needed a break, so we will resume with last weeks offerings along with a new "Organic & healthy" menu to choose from. It's our mission to deliver the healthiest ingredients available whatever you choose.
Did you know that 95% of our offerings are organic, free-range, or wild?
With COVID-19 hitting harder than ever, we are learning more and more that the virus not only attacks weak immune systems, but that our diet plays a strong part in how your body resists this virus.
With schools and businesses re-opening, let's give our immune system a boost!
NEW "Organic & Healthy" Meal Selections
1) Wild Salmon- extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, sea salt & lemon
2) Organic Chicken - extra- virgin olive oil, rosemary, ( improves concentration, digestion, and brain aging) lemon, sea salt & garlic
3) Organic Seasonal Vegetables- roasted or steamed with lemon, sea salt, fresh herbs
4) Buddha Bowl ( counted as a main course) Quinoa , roasted sweet potato, garbanzo beans, kale & bean sprouts- green goddess dressing - basil, ( supports kidney function) parsley,( high in vitamins K & A great for digestion garlic, ( high in vitamin C and fiber) apple cider vinegar ( aids in digestion and cleans the intestines & lemon juice ( Vitamin C cleanser and supports digestion Want it spicy? cayenne pepper stimulates the digestive track and aids in metabolizing food and toxins
5) Middle Eastern Rice and Beans Black beans ( fiber, calcium, they lower blood pressure naturally) , garbanzo beans, cumin, coriander, cilantro, parsley, turmeric, black pepper, ( Turmeric has curcumin a powerful anti-oxidant, anti- inflammatory that supports a healthy brain function, Black pepper has piperine that boosts the absorption of curcumin by 2000% , parsley, cilantro & pine nuts ( improves blood sugar, heart & brain health)
6) Black Beans & Black Rice with garlic and a vegetable broth
7) Power Greens- ( phytonutrients - so many benefits, but remember- anti- aging, helps with memory and makes your skin glow!) spinach, Kale & Chard sautéed with olive oil and garlic
Main Menu Selections
1) Duck Peking Stir Fry
This recipe comes from Ken Hom, the authority on Chinese stir-frying. He has written four books, my favorite ' My stir Fry Life" is about his humble journey and his zest for culinary perfection. It is truly inspiring.
2) Classic Slow Roasted Turkey & Gravy - it will melt in your mouth
3) Wild Atlantic Salmon with lemon, capers, tomatoes, basil & leeks
4) Stuffed Red Bell Peppers with Angus Filet Mignon, long grain rice, mushrooms, onion & tomato- topped with grated baby manchego
1) Butter Lettuce Salad - naval oranges, roasted pistachios & chèvre - citrus vinaigrette
2) Garlic Smashed Potatoes
3) Extra Vegetable Fried Rice
4) Green Beans with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano & lemon zest
5) Roasted Carrots with Farro, chickpeas & roasted pepitas ( pumpkin seeds)
6) Roasted Purple Cauliflower with chèvre & pine nuts
7) S'mores - Graham cracker crust, Callebaut chocolate and marshmallows
At About Thyme we offer organic food that meets all dietary needs. We hope that the new additions to the menu will meet additional needs.
We are in this together, and only together will we get through this.
From our Kitchen delivered to your home,
Owner- About Thyme